GLOBAL: Edrington Group confirms GBP10m distribution shake-up
Edrington is expanding in the US
Edrington Group has unveiled more details of its distribution changes, announcing a GBP10m (US$15.5m) investment for new structures in the US, South-east Asia and the Middle East.
Just-drinks reported last week that the Famous Grouse and Macallan owner was retaking control of its brands in the US after ending a 28-year agreement with Rémy Cointreau. The company said today (17 June) it will expand its New York office and open premises in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami.
Edrington will also open an office in Singapore to manage its brands in South-east Asia, currently handled by Beam Inc.
In the Middle East, the Gulf and North Africa, Edrington will team up with FIX Wines and Spirits to distribute its portfolio.
“Today’s announcement marks a step change in Edrington’s business,” Edrington CEO Ian Curle said.
“Worldwide demand for premium and super-premium spirits continues to grow and by expanding our distribution capabilities so significantly we are seizing the opportunity to increase investment in our brands and reach even more consumers who are showing a growing appreciation of premium spirits.”
The three regions account for 28% of Edrington's sales, the company said in a statement.
Edrington's deal with Rémy Cointreau will run out in March next year, while Edrington Singapore will take over from Beam Global Asia on 1 October.
Last week, an analyst said Rémy was in line to shed around EUR1.5m (US$2m) in profits after losing the US distribution rights for the Edrington's portfolio,
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research