US: Edrington Group calls time on Rémy Cointreau distribution deal
Edrington has used Rémy in the US since 1985
The Glasgow-based Scotch whisky producer has distributed its brands, including Macallan and Famous Grouse, in the US through Rémy since 1985. The deal will end on 31 March, Remy said in a presentation following the release of its full-year results yesterday (11 June).
Edrington confirmed to just-drinks the distribution deal is to end, but declined to comment further on future plans.
A Rémy spokesperson told just-drinks Edrington is to take its US distribution in-house. “It is because now Macallan and Famous Grouse are working very well (in the US) - because of us,” the spokesperson said. However, the spokesperson added that Edrington has made a “fair decision”.
“It will be the end of a new contract, because the new contract comes around every three years," the spokesperson said.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research