US: Edrington Group calls time on Rémy Cointreau distribution deal
Edrington has used Rémy in the US since 1985
The Glasgow-based Scotch whisky producer has distributed its brands, including Macallan and Famous Grouse, in the US through Rémy since 1985. The deal will end on 31 March, Remy said in a presentation following the release of its full-year results yesterday (11 June).
Edrington confirmed to just-drinks the distribution deal is to end, but declined to comment further on future plans.
A Rémy spokesperson told just-drinks Edrington is to take its US distribution in-house. “It is because now Macallan and Famous Grouse are working very well (in the US) - because of us,” the spokesperson said. However, the spokesperson added that Edrington has made a “fair decision”.
“It will be the end of a new contract, because the new contract comes around every three years," the spokesperson said.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report