GERMANY: Eckes takes full control of juice arm
German drinks group Eckes has reportedly taken full control of fruit juice subsidiary Eckes-Granini.
Eckes bought the remaining 26% stake in the company from local consumer group Melitta for an undisclosed sum, reports in Germany said yesterday (4 December).
In 1994, Melitta sold its fruit juice division Granini to Eckes but kept a 26% stake in the enlarged Eckes-Granini group.
The deal comes as part of Eckes' plans to concentrate on the soft drinks sector. Last month, it sold its beverage alcohol business, Eckes Spirituosen & Wein, to German sparkling wine producer Rotkaeppchen-Mumm Sektkellereien.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The C&C Group may have its cider brand Magners to thank for its recent success, but Brian Walsh, managing director of the Irish company's spirits arm C&C International, believes the group's spirits po...
Wine production in the Northern Hemisphere remains dogged by over-production, but according to a recent report published by just-drinks, there is plenty of opportunity for innovative and consumer-awar...
The CEO of Altia Corporation has resigned....
The Estonian Ministry of Finance has presented a draft plan to the national parliament advocating a 20% increase in alcohol taxes effective from 1 January 2008....
Thai Beverage's independent directors have opposed the company's plan to list on the Thai stock market....
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
The alcohol industry has reacted with disappointment at the failure of The World Health Assembly (WHA) to reach a consensus on a resolution on alcohol....
Systembolaget has posted a healthy start to the year so far....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages