FRANCE: Eckes Granini upgrades juice drinks plant
Eckes Granini, the Germany-based soft drinks and fruit juices group, is investing EUR23m to modernise its plant at Mâcon in eastern France.
The company has added a fourth packaging line, increasing capacity by between 20% and 25%, plant manager Cedric Lottiaux told just-drinks today (22 July).
One of the original three lines has been upgraded and the other two will follow next year.
The group has also built an R&D laboratory, housing around 10 engineers and technicians, and is renovating the plant's 3,000 sq.m workshop for the preparation of juices.
Eckes Granini France reported sales of fresh fruit juices, marketed under the Joker, Réa and Granini brands, increased by 3% in value and 4.5% in volume in the first quarter of 2009.
Employing a total of 280 staff, with 144 based in Mâcon, the company reported 2008 turnover of EUR240m.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts