EU: EC pledges €1.4m to promote European wine in US
The European Commission is to provide €1.4m (£840,000) - or half the total cost - of a €2.8m campaign to promote European wines in the US. The other half will be met by French and Spanish wine organisations. The cash will be spent on public relations and promotional or publicity measures, including information campaigns on the European Union system of quality wines produced in specified regions (QWPSR). Some of the more general programmes, such as those covering information on EU quality and labelling systems and laying on high-level visits and studies, will be paid for entirely by the EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"