BELGIUM: EC lines up grants for European wine
The European Commission has today (24 July) announced the release of EUR5.4m (US$8.5m) in grants to European Union (EU) wine producers to help them market their products across the EU.
The money will be funnelled through national producer and marketing organisations and will pay for "public relations, promotional or publicity… highlighting EU products'…quality, hygiene, food safety, nutrition, labelling, animal welfare or environment-friendliness…" said a Commission note.
The money will be matched by combined contributions from EU member states and the wine industry in the countries receiving awards. The EU payments include EUR750,000 to the Bureau Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bourgogne (Burgundy) in France; EUR750,000 to port promoter the Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e Porto, of Portugal; EUR1.6m to the Italian Wine Union (UIV); another EUR1.1m to Italy's ATI - Wine experiences organisation, and EUR1.1m to CVR Alentejana in southern Portugal.
With sales falling at home and abroad, the implementation of EU wine reforms imminent and the prospect of even tighter regulation on wine marketing in France, it is not hard to see why emotions among ...
Exports of Port fell by 5% in volume last year, the region's trade body has said as it launches a new promotional push in the UK....
A campaign designed to educate UK consumers about the EU's Protected Designation of Origin status has been launched by producer bodies, including those for Burgundy wine and Port....
France's Champagne producers have welcomed a decision by Indian wine group Champagne Indage to change its name to Indage Vintners, out of respect for the iconic French region....
Pernod Ricard has signed a deal with Norway's Arcus Gruppen to sell several drinks brands acquired as part of its takeover of Vin & Sprit....
The Winemakers' Federation of Australia has welcomed a new wine trade deal between Australia and the EU....
Baltika has begun exporting its beer brands into Uruguay, with a view to branching out into Brazil and Argentina....
Bruichladdich has introduced its first bottling following the reopening of the company's distillery, while also unveiling a range of limited edition whiskies....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages