GERMANY: EC investigates loan to wine marketer
The European Commission has launched a formal state aid inquiry in Germany, examining the waiver of €5 million on loans paid to GfW (Palatinate Wine Marketing Company) by the Reconstruction Fund for the Rhineland-Palatinate winegrowing area (WAK).
The public body has also avoided claiming interest on outstanding debts. Germany claims the deal was commercial and so legal.
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Can Absolut's US Headache be Soothed by Elyx?
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l