EC: EC gives go-ahead for S&N takeover of Portugal's second largest brewer
The European Commission today (Thursday) cleared Scottish & Newcastle's purchase of a 49% stake in Centralcontrol which owns Centralcer, the second largest brewer in Portugal. Brussels said that S&N had only a marginal presence in the local wholesale market and the deal would not change the Portuguese beer sector. S&N will share control of Centralcontrol with VTR SGPS SA, a holding company representing Banco Espirito Santo, Parfil, Fundaçao Bissaya Barreto, Olinveste and STDP.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down