EC: EC gives go-ahead for S&N takeover of Portugal's second largest brewer
The European Commission today (Thursday) cleared Scottish & Newcastle's purchase of a 49% stake in Centralcontrol which owns Centralcer, the second largest brewer in Portugal. Brussels said that S&N had only a marginal presence in the local wholesale market and the deal would not change the Portuguese beer sector. S&N will share control of Centralcontrol with VTR SGPS SA, a holding company representing Banco Espirito Santo, Parfil, Fundaçao Bissaya Barreto, Olinveste and STDP.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends