EC: EC gives go-ahead for S&N takeover of Portugal's second largest brewer
The European Commission today (Thursday) cleared Scottish & Newcastle's purchase of a 49% stake in Centralcontrol which owns Centralcer, the second largest brewer in Portugal. Brussels said that S&N had only a marginal presence in the local wholesale market and the deal would not change the Portuguese beer sector. S&N will share control of Centralcontrol with VTR SGPS SA, a holding company representing Banco Espirito Santo, Parfil, Fundaçao Bissaya Barreto, Olinveste and STDP.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research