eBay signs deal with Laithwaite's for wine in UK
eBay started selling wine online in the UK this June
Online marketplace eBay has partnered Laithwaite's Wine in a bid to expand its drinks portfolio.
The company said today that Laithwaite's would provide a selection of red, white, rose and sparkling wines as well as mixed cases. eBay started selling wine in the UK in June though its regular listings format. The Laithwaite's offer is part of eBay's Shops initiative and the home-delivery wine service has its own branding within the eBay framework.
"We're excited to be partnering with eBay to reach a new generation of wine drinkers and look forward to introducing eBay's customers to great-value wines handcrafted in quantities too small for the supermarkets and big retailers," said David Thatcher, CEO of Laithwaite's Wine.
Online retailers are increasingly targeting the food and drink category. Earlier this year, eBay linked up with mobile wine app Drync in the US to expand its online wine platform. Amazon also sells alcohol online in the US and last year launched a one-hour alcohol delivery service in Seattle.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends