USA: East Coast Beverage Names Michael Schott New Chief Executive Officer And Director
According to the announcement by John Calebrese, who will remain Chairman of the Board, Schott has "the track record, operating background, and demeanor to make a significant near-and long-term impact on East Coast's business. He brings us real and needed strength in the areas of both brand and business development that will drive the Company towards realizing the full potential of both its existing and growing product line of iced-coffee beverages."
Schott comes to East Coast Beverage from Michigan-based Everfresh/LaCroix Beverages, a division of National Beverage Corporation, where he served as President, during which period, the company's sales and financial results improved markedly.
Prior to Everfresh/LaCroix, Schott served as President of Snapple. During Schott's tenure at Snapple, operating income of $25 million exceeded by $10 million the company's annual projection.
Prior to Snapple, Schott was Vice President of Boston-based Nantucket Nectars, a specialty New Age beverage. At Nantucket, Schott was involved with a wide range of corporate development activities centered on sales and brand development.
From 1994 to 1996, Schott was Chief Operating Officer of New York based Arizona Beverages. While at Arizona, he assembled and led growth of the business from $25 million to $275 million.
Before Arizona Beverage, Schott held several other senior executive posts, including Vice President of Michigan-based Don Lee Distributors, one of the largest beer distributors in the United States and Chief Operating Officer of Greenwich, CT-based Poland Spring Water.
"Mike's proven understanding of the beverage industry should serve East Coast, its employees and its shareholders well into the future. His style of management has been aggressive and effective in the success of numerous new age beverages," John Calebrese said. "I believe it is time to pass the operational baton to Mike's capable hands."
Schott earned a B.A. from Ohio University and an M.B.A. from Harvard University. He resides near Detroit with his wife and five children.
About East Coast Beverage
Based in Coral Springs, Florida, East Coast Beverage Corporation develops, produces and distributes Coffee House USA(TM), a proprietary line of all natural, ready to drink bottled coffee drinks. Currently the Company produces eight flavors that include Coffee, Hazelnut, Mocha, German Chocolate, Cinnamon, Vanilla Mousse, Toasted Almond, and Banana's Foster. For more information visit http://www.coffeehouseusa.com
Any statements in this release that are not statements or descriptions of historical facts may be "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined under the Federal securities laws. Forward looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, including, but not limited to, those described in East Coast Beverage Corporation's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends