US: Earnings down in first quarter at Brown-Forman
US spirits and wines group, Brown-Forman, posted a profit of $36.1m, or 53 cents a share, for the first quarter to the end of July, down 8% from $39.2m, 57 cents, in the corresponding quarter last year. The company said it had absorbed the impact of shifting to selling spirits directly to retailers in the UK, its second largest market, during the first quarter. In May, the company announced it would be selling spirits directly from the beginning of August via a joint venture with Bacardi. It said the initiative, which brought a previous distribution deal with Diageo to a close, reduced first-quarter earnings by about 13 cents, largely due to a change in the way it booked revenue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review