NORWAY: Early Easter hits Vinmonopolet monthly sales
Vinmonopolet has posted a marked slip in alcohol sales for the month of April.
The Norwegian alcohol retail monopoly said yesterday (21 May) that sales in shops last month fell by 8% on the corresponding month in 2006 to 5.3m litres. Vinmonopolet blamed the early Easter this year, which fell in March compared to April last year, for the decrease.
As table wine sale fell 8.3% to 4.3m litres, spirits also slipped, by 6.4% to 903m litres. Beers sales were down by 3% to 0.03m litres.
For the first four months of this year, however, sales were up by 4.7%, with wine up 4.6% to 16.6m litres and beer up 2.5% to 0.1m litres.
Vinmonopolet came into being in 1996 after the retail and wholesale alcohol monopoly was split following the country's entry into the European Economic Area two years earlier.
Alcohol harm is back at the top of the media agenda this week - is it ever away for long? The Alcohol Health Alliance, a newly-formed association of 24 leading health organisations in the UK, is c...
Belvedere has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first nine months of this year, as Polish reports have claimed the company has acquired a local alcohol distributor....
Anheuser-Busch has launched two seasonal beers under its Michelob brand....
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
A drinks trade body in Ukraine has proposed a minimum price for vodka in the country, according to local reports....
Systembolaget has posted a lift in alcohol sales for the month....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a sharp fall in operating profit for its third quarter, despite a healthy lift in sales....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets