KENYA: EABL posts rising FY profits
Kenya-based brewer East African Breweries (EABL) has posted a 6% rise in profits for the year to 30 June.
The brewer, in which Diageo owns slightly less than 50%, saw operating profit hit KES7.9bn (US$108.9m) as revenues rose to KES20.9bn, up from KES19.1bn a year earlier.
EABL, whose flagship beer brand is Tusker, comprises six operating companies in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Cognac producer Camus has struck a distribution deal in India with local spirits group Radico Khaitan....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed its long-rumoured entry into the Indian beer market. The US brewing giant today (22 February) announced that it would set up a local venture with Indian brewer Crown Beers...
India's UB Group has embarked on the due diligence of long-time quarry Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands....
Heineken chief Jean-François van Boxmeer said today (21 February) that the brewer would look to make additional cost savings of some EUR90m (US$118m) over the next two years to offset inflation. Van B...
Heineken has today (21 February) reported an 11% rise in underlying profits for 2006 as the Dutch brewing giant's namesake brand enjoyed its biggest growth since the 1980s....
Diageo is rolling out Hungarian liqueur Zwack to a second US state after a successful test launch....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research