USA: E-commerce coming to the coffee and tea industries
Washington, D.C. based Coffee Contact, Inc. has announced the launch of its Internet based business-to-business e-commerce site http://www.coffeecontact.com . Coffeecontact.com is set for global trading of green coffee and tea.One of the world's most traded commodities, second only to oil, coffee represents a $50 billion industry. Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world, second only to water. It is also a multi-billion dollar industry. Currently, both markets are fragmented by inefficient communications and information exchange.A frictionless e-commerce solution for global trade, CoffeeContact.com will streamline the supply chain of both the green coffee and tea industries. Coffee Contacts e-commerce website will have an advanced platform for trading green coffee and tea, streaming "C" coffee quotes, industry specific news, world weather reports, discussion groups and chat rooms. In addition they will soon be offering value added services: freight quotes, shipping logistics, custom's clearance, payment solutions, web based coffee contracts, free email and free web pages.The website is targeting anyone involved in the green coffee or tea industries including producers, exporters, importers, roasters, brokers, and associated logistics companies. Coffee Contact is the first business-to-business portal to combine both green coffee and tea.Unlike some other commodity sites, which are funded by large physical commodity trading groups, Coffee Contact, Inc. is truly a neutral site, without financial ties to any physical commodity groups. The website has already signed up more than 200 members and has received 60,000 hits in past few weeks.Coffee Contact, Inc. is a privately held company, funded by individuals with years of commodity and technology experience. The company is in discussions with potential partners and investors. Those interested in additional information or partnership opportunities can visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World