USA: E-commerce coming to the coffee and tea industries
Washington, D.C. based Coffee Contact, Inc. has announced the launch of its Internet based business-to-business e-commerce site http://www.coffeecontact.com . Coffeecontact.com is set for global trading of green coffee and tea.One of the world's most traded commodities, second only to oil, coffee represents a $50 billion industry. Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world, second only to water. It is also a multi-billion dollar industry. Currently, both markets are fragmented by inefficient communications and information exchange.A frictionless e-commerce solution for global trade, CoffeeContact.com will streamline the supply chain of both the green coffee and tea industries. Coffee Contacts e-commerce website will have an advanced platform for trading green coffee and tea, streaming "C" coffee quotes, industry specific news, world weather reports, discussion groups and chat rooms. In addition they will soon be offering value added services: freight quotes, shipping logistics, custom's clearance, payment solutions, web based coffee contracts, free email and free web pages.The website is targeting anyone involved in the green coffee or tea industries including producers, exporters, importers, roasters, brokers, and associated logistics companies. Coffee Contact is the first business-to-business portal to combine both green coffee and tea.Unlike some other commodity sites, which are funded by large physical commodity trading groups, Coffee Contact, Inc. is truly a neutral site, without financial ties to any physical commodity groups. The website has already signed up more than 200 members and has received 60,000 hits in past few weeks.Coffee Contact, Inc. is a privately held company, funded by individuals with years of commodity and technology experience. The company is in discussions with potential partners and investors. Those interested in additional information or partnership opportunities can visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends