HOLLAND: Duvel shares marked as “buy” - report
Dutch investment firm ING has reportedly started recommendations of Belgian brewer Duvel Moortgat's shares at "buy".
ING has given the brewer's shares a target price of EUR43.8 (US$52.8) and said it has considerable growth potential in international markets, reported Reuters news agency today (3 April).
Duvel said last month that it would spend over EUR16m (US$19.3m) over the next two years to boost capacity at its breweries in Belgium and the US as it looked to build on a buoyant performance in 2005.
The brewer plans to spend EUR10.5m modernising its brewery in Belgium and EUR6m doubling capacity at its Ommegang brewery in New York. Duvel reported an 8.2% in consolidated turnover for 2005, reaching EUR66m.
According to Reuters, ING speculated about the prospect of a possible US import and distribution deal for Duvel.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018