Duckhorn Wine Co sold to equity investor TSG
The transaction includes all six of Duckhorn Wine Co's wineries
San-Francisco-based TSG Consumer Partners has agreed to acquire California wine company Duckhorn from GI Partners.
The transaction includes all six Duckhorn Wine Co wineries: Duckhorn Vineyards, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy and Canvasback and their corresponding properties, along with about 600 acres of estate vineyards including Three Palms Vineyard in California's Napa Valley. Financial details were not disclosed.
TSG will retain all employees and the company will continue to be lead by president & CEO Alex Ryan.
"TSG recognises and values how unique we are in the North American wine industry and is committed to preserving the strong culture that defines us," said Ryan. "At the same time, we share an exciting vision for our company's future. By combining their consumer expertise and global reach with our luxury wine market proficiency and relentless focus on quality, we can ensure that our next 40 years will be as exceptional as our first four decades."
Duckhorn was established in 1976 by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn. The pair will remain involved, the company said.
In May last year, Duckhorn added Three Palms to its portfolio.
The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
Nearly 15 years after the dawn of the BRIC economies was heralded, a number of developing nations around the world offer tantalising and lucrative growth prospects for international beverage businesse...read more
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends