S AFRICA: Du Toit takes leave of Omnia Wines
Anton du Toit, who was appointed as executive director responsible for sales and marketing at Omnia Wines when Vinfruco and Stellenbosch Vineyards merged late last year, has departed the new company.
This follows the departure of former Stellenbosch Vineyards cellarmaster, Chris Kelly, who only joined Hidden Valley Wines from Omnia at the beginning of April.
Du Toit has been appointed as chief executive of wine business at the Christo Weise Portfolio. Cape businessman, Christo Weise and his son Jacob own the two prominent wineries, Lourensford in Somerset West and Lanzarac in Stellenbosch.
Christo Weise also has about 10% stake in KWV Ltd.
Du Toit believes the time is right for South Africa to become a prominent player for super and ultra premium wines in international markets.
"Our credibility as a wine producing country is now recognised and the big challenge is to compete with unique products in the highest price segments against traditional wine producing countries such as France," he said.
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range....
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review