S AFRICA: Du Toit takes leave of Omnia Wines
Anton du Toit, who was appointed as executive director responsible for sales and marketing at Omnia Wines when Vinfruco and Stellenbosch Vineyards merged late last year, has departed the new company.
This follows the departure of former Stellenbosch Vineyards cellarmaster, Chris Kelly, who only joined Hidden Valley Wines from Omnia at the beginning of April.
Du Toit has been appointed as chief executive of wine business at the Christo Weise Portfolio. Cape businessman, Christo Weise and his son Jacob own the two prominent wineries, Lourensford in Somerset West and Lanzarac in Stellenbosch.
Christo Weise also has about 10% stake in KWV Ltd.
Du Toit believes the time is right for South Africa to become a prominent player for super and ultra premium wines in international markets.
"Our credibility as a wine producing country is now recognised and the big challenge is to compete with unique products in the highest price segments against traditional wine producing countries such as France," he said.
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range....
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review