UK: DTI go-ahead for Wiseman bid
The government has cleared the way for Robert Wiseman Dairies' to bid for Unigate's milk and cheese business. Trade and Industry Secretary, Stephen Byers, has decided not to refer the East Kilbride-based company's £225m offer to the Competition Commission. A formal offer from Robert Wiseman is now thought to be imminent. Unigate had agreed to sell its operations to dairy product firm Dairy Crest for £220m. In a statement last month, Unigate said: "Whilst continuing to fulfil its obligations under the merger agreement with Dairy Crest, the board is now also in discussions with Robert Wiseman regarding its offer."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018