UK: DTI go-ahead for Wiseman bid
The government has cleared the way for Robert Wiseman Dairies' to bid for Unigate's milk and cheese business. Trade and Industry Secretary, Stephen Byers, has decided not to refer the East Kilbride-based company's £225m offer to the Competition Commission. A formal offer from Robert Wiseman is now thought to be imminent. Unigate had agreed to sell its operations to dairy product firm Dairy Crest for £220m. In a statement last month, Unigate said: "Whilst continuing to fulfil its obligations under the merger agreement with Dairy Crest, the board is now also in discussions with Robert Wiseman regarding its offer."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages