US: DS Waters of America acquires The Standard Companies
Athena - one of DS Water's brands
Bottled water supplier DS Waters of America has acquired office coffee and tea service firm The Standard Companies for an undisclosed sum.
New Orleans-based The Standard Companies runs three business units: Standard Coffee Service, StandGuard Quality Water Assurance and Relyant Coffee Equipment Services. The units distribute brewed coffee and tea, breakroom supplies and water filtration systems to offices, restaurants and food service firms across the US.
DS Waters, based in Atlanta, Georgia, will assume management of the Standard Coffee business.
Standard Coffee was founded in 1919 and was one of the first office coffee service companies in the US.
DS Waters products are sold under the brand names Alhambra, Athena, Belmont Springs, Crystal Springs, Deep Rock, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Mount Olympus, Nursery Water, Sierra Springs, Sparkletts, and Roast2Coast.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014