USA: Dry Creek Vineyard Featured at 52nd Annual Emmy Awards
Dry Creek Vineyard's 1997 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon has been chosen to be featured in the coveted Emmy gift basket.A virtual treasure chest of high-end luxury goods, the Emmy basket is presented to each celebrity presenter of the famed Emmy Award for Excellence in the Television Arts. Always a star-studded event, the Emmys just keep getting hotter every year -- and they'll all be drinking Dry Creek come Sunday, September 10 -- the night of the highly-anticipated Emmy broadcast.Founded in 1972 by David S. Stare, Dry Creek Vineyard was the first new winery in the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County since the days of Prohibition. This true family winery produces premium award-winning wines from over 100 small lots of grapes picked and fermented individually. In years of superior vintages, limited edition Reserve wines are selected from the very best of these lots -- each crushed, fermented and barrel-aged separately.1997 was a fabulous year for Cabernet Sauvignon prompting Dry Creek Vineyard's Reserve bottling. Selected lots were "cuvee lot" blended in small oak barrels, and then aged over a period of 18 to 24 months for a smooth velvety texture and long rich finish.All Dry Creek Vineyard wines feature labels with original oil paintings of classic sailing yachts. Our 1997 Reserve wines feature the elegant America's Cup J-boat, Shamrock, campaigned by Sir Thomas Lipton in 1899. Just as Shamrock epitomized grace on the sea, the 1997 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon epitomizes grace in a glass. Some of Dry Creek Vineyard's other Hollywood coups in 2000:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts