Drizly adds to online alcohol retail platform with editorial appointment
Drizly plans to extend the reach of its alcohol delivery service across more of the US next year
Drizly has created the position of editor-in-chief and "chief cocktail officer" to lead the non-purchase content of its website.
The US online alcohol delivery service said yesterday that Trisha Antonsen will fill the new role. Antonsen joins Drizly from Wayfair, where she was editorial director.
The firm said that Antonsen has developed a content-to-commerce strategy that includes the use of industry experts and bloggers to create editorial content, as well as cocktail recipes, "brand integrations" and a partnership with Food & Wine Magazine.
Drizly said it is targeting an "immersive content-to-commerce experience for consumers" with the creation of the editorial position.
"Our goal is to be the ultimate destination combining expertly-crafted content with the unique purchasing experience of alcohol-on-demand," said Antonsen. "We are building a brand that is about shared experiences; that delivers beer, wine and liquor to your door..."
Drizly currently offers delivery of beer, spirits and wine in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hoboken/Jersey City, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St Paul, New Orleans, New York City, Providence, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington DC.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends