AUS: DrinkWise Australia readies responsible drinking labels
Here's one of the DrinkWise labels for Australia - click through to see the other four
DrinkWise Australia has started rolling out labelling on its members' alcohol products in the country, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers in the country.
The organisation has confirmed today (12 July) that four messages will be available to its producer members to “adopt and integrate” with alcohol product labelling. Among the companies set to run the new labels are Brown-Forman, Diageo, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Carlton & United Breweries and Accolade Wines.
Consumers will be encouraged to visit the DrinkWise website, with three other labels (pictured right) available to the producers.
“Providing messages which prompt consumers to think about their drinking, and supporting those messages with ongoing education activities and campaigns, will help support the community in making informed decisions about their approach to drinking alcohol.,” said the chair of DrinkWise Australia's board, the Hon Trish Worth.
The organisation said it “will monitor the roll-out of the … labels”, and “will conduct regular community attitude evaluations to assess their impact”.
To read the official release, click here.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch