AUS: DrinkWise Australia readies responsible drinking labels
Here's one of the DrinkWise labels for Australia - click through to see the other four
DrinkWise Australia has started rolling out labelling on its members' alcohol products in the country, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers in the country.
The organisation has confirmed today (12 July) that four messages will be available to its producer members to “adopt and integrate” with alcohol product labelling. Among the companies set to run the new labels are Brown-Forman, Diageo, Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Carlton & United Breweries and Accolade Wines.
Consumers will be encouraged to visit the DrinkWise website, with three other labels (pictured right) available to the producers.
“Providing messages which prompt consumers to think about their drinking, and supporting those messages with ongoing education activities and campaigns, will help support the community in making informed decisions about their approach to drinking alcohol.,” said the chair of DrinkWise Australia's board, the Hon Trish Worth.
The organisation said it “will monitor the roll-out of the … labels”, and “will conduct regular community attitude evaluations to assess their impact”.
To read the official release, click here.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research