AUS: DrinkWise Australia brings in new CEO
DrinkWise Australia has appointed a new CEO just one month after switching its chairperson.
John Scott took on the chief executive role on Monday, the industry body said today (10 July). His appointment follows Neil Comrie's election to chair at the end of May, a position he took over from Trish Worth.
It is unclear at this time who Scott is replacing.
Scott previously served as a DrinkWise non-executive director and chair of its social marketing committee.
“I’m delighted to take up this role and continue DrinkWise Australia’s good work in the promotion of a more responsible drinking culture by utilising a range of approaches to affect generational change,” he said.
DrinkWise Australia, which is funded by the alcohol industry, runs a number of educational campaigns and events promoting responsible drinking. In 2011, it rolled out labels for its members' products in Australia, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts