AUS: DrinkWise Australia brings in new CEO
DrinkWise Australia has appointed a new CEO just one month after switching its chairperson.
John Scott took on the chief executive role on Monday, the industry body said today (10 July). His appointment follows Neil Comrie's election to chair at the end of May, a position he took over from Trish Worth.
It is unclear at this time who Scott is replacing.
Scott previously served as a DrinkWise non-executive director and chair of its social marketing committee.
“I’m delighted to take up this role and continue DrinkWise Australia’s good work in the promotion of a more responsible drinking culture by utilising a range of approaches to affect generational change,” he said.
DrinkWise Australia, which is funded by the alcohol industry, runs a number of educational campaigns and events promoting responsible drinking. In 2011, it rolled out labels for its members' products in Australia, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller