AUS: DrinkWise Australia brings in new CEO
DrinkWise Australia has appointed a new CEO just one month after switching its chairperson.
John Scott took on the chief executive role on Monday, the industry body said today (10 July). His appointment follows Neil Comrie's election to chair at the end of May, a position he took over from Trish Worth.
It is unclear at this time who Scott is replacing.
Scott previously served as a DrinkWise non-executive director and chair of its social marketing committee.
“I’m delighted to take up this role and continue DrinkWise Australia’s good work in the promotion of a more responsible drinking culture by utilising a range of approaches to affect generational change,” he said.
DrinkWise Australia, which is funded by the alcohol industry, runs a number of educational campaigns and events promoting responsible drinking. In 2011, it rolled out labels for its members' products in Australia, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory