AUS: DrinkWise Australia brings in new CEO
DrinkWise Australia has appointed a new CEO just one month after switching its chairperson.
John Scott took on the chief executive role on Monday, the industry body said today (10 July). His appointment follows Neil Comrie's election to chair at the end of May, a position he took over from Trish Worth.
It is unclear at this time who Scott is replacing.
Scott previously served as a DrinkWise non-executive director and chair of its social marketing committee.
“I’m delighted to take up this role and continue DrinkWise Australia’s good work in the promotion of a more responsible drinking culture by utilising a range of approaches to affect generational change,” he said.
DrinkWise Australia, which is funded by the alcohol industry, runs a number of educational campaigns and events promoting responsible drinking. In 2011, it rolled out labels for its members' products in Australia, highlighting responsible drinking to consumers.
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research