SRI LANKA: Drinks firms form Sri Lanka's first industry association
The Beverage Association of Sri Lanka is the country's first lobby group for drinks
Leading drinks companies in Sri Lanka have teamed up to form the country's first industry association.
The Beverage Association of Sri Lanka, launched earlier this month, hopes to raise the profile of a sector that has been a key contributor to Sri Lanka's economy, the association said. Members include Elephant House owner Ceylon Cold Stores, Coca-Cola Beverages Sri Lanka and Varun Beverages Lanka, which distributes PepsiCo products in the country.
Jit Gunaratne, chairman of the new association, said: “It is heartening to see all the beverage firms forge a common bond and unite to form the association, which will strengthen the voice of the sector and accord the sector its due status."
Gunaratne said the industry provides direct employment to about 1,500 people and indirect employment to another 3,000.
“The beverage sector is a valuable employment generator, heavy investor in technology and retail network development, and an environmentally conscious entity,” he added.
“We are confident that the formation of this body will provide a strong platform for the industry and its players who remain closely engaged with all stakeholders.”
The boss of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said he will not let "threats" to the industry over obesity concerns affect the group's volumes. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research