FRANCE: Drinks continue to drive Danone
Drinks outperformed the rest of Groupe Danone's business during its third-quarter, as the French company reported rising sales for the three months to 30 September.
Danone saw sales from its drinks division leap almost 15% during the third quarter. The result compared to a 9.5% increase in sales across the group.
The rise in sales at Danone during the third-quarter was "mainly due to the very good performance of the beverages business in Asia", the company said.
The company that, on the back of its third-quarter results, it expects sales to rise by over 8% for the full year.
The Paris-based group produces drinks including Evian bottled water and is known to be looking at acquisitions in the emerging markets of China and Thailand.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Groupe Danone appears to be on a collision course with one of its joint venture partners in China. Local reports this week have claimed that Zong Qinghou, chairman of the country's biggest beverage ma...
Nestlé Waters will next month enter the diet soft drinks segment with the launch in France of a zero-calorie, fizzy, fruit-flavoured beverage named Frisson....
Chinese soft drinks group Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. has reportedly said today (5 March) that it has no plans to list....
C&C Group said today (28 February) that it expects sales over the last 12 months to have jumped 25% thanks to the continuing growth of its cider business. In a trading update, the Irish group said its...
Groupe Danone has upped its stake in China's Huiyuan Juice following the company's IPO on the Hong Kong stock market....
Rising sales and earnings from Groupe Danone's drinks division have helped drive a strong 2006 at the French consumer goods group....
China's biggest pure fruit juice maker Huiyuan Juice has raised HKD2.4bn (US$307m) in an initial public offering on the Hong Kong stock exchange....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research