US: Drinks Americas to relaunch Rheingold Beer
Drinks Americas Holdings has confirmed plans to relaunch its Rheingold Beer brand.
The company said yesterday (18 July) that it would re-release the beer in New York in October. Rheingold Beer has been sold and marketed in New York since 1883 and was acquired by Drinks Americas last year from The Rheingold Brewing Co. for an undisclosed sum.
"We believe there is a place for Rheingold in the consumers' mind in New York," said Drinks Americas' CEO, Patrick Kenny. "This, added to great tasting beer and Rheingold's distributor's commitment, will grow the brand in New York."
The new Rheingold Beer will ship in an amber bottle while, in addition to 6-, 12- and 24-pack bottles and 6-, 12- and 30-pack cans, Rheingold will also be available in a metallic bottle. The company said it is also looking to re-establish the 'Rheingold Chug-a-Mug,' an "integral part of the brand's history".
Drinks Americas' portfolio includes Trump Super Premium Vodka, Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon and Bourbon Cream, and Roy Yamaguchi's Y Sake. The company's non-alcoholic brands include the distribution of Paul Newman's Own Lightly Sparkling Fruit Juice Drinks.
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
Drinks Americas Holdings has confirmed the appointment of a corporate controller....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
Sinergiya has snapped up Russian Vodka Company, according to local reports....
Drinks Americas Holdings has lined up a range of Italian wines for the US....
Drinks Americas Holdings has brought forward the launch of its super-premium vodka Trump in the state of Illinois....
Russian Standard has snapped up the Internet domain name vodka.com for US$3m....
The state-owned alcohol producer in Russia is looking to produce a cheap vodka for the country, according to local reports....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research