US: Drinks Americas to play Trump card in vodka
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed a licensing agreement with The Trump Organization giving it the rights to the Trump name for the marketing and sales of Trump: The World's Finest Super Premium Vodka.
The US drinks group, which markets a number of beverage brands under celebrity names such as Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon, said today (29 November) that it plans to "search the world and work to develop the very best super premium vodka, and then to deliver that product to consumers in packaging and style worthy of the Trump trademark". The product is expected to be ready to launch by the spring.
"In our view, the Trump name is one of the most recognisable and valuable global trademarks in existence today, synonymous with the very best of class," says J. Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas.
Donald Trump said: "Trump Super Premium Vodka is a big idea. Drinks Americas' management team understands our vision for the Trump trademark. The Premium Vodka category is where the very best of fashionable spirits brands compete. That is the place for the Trump brand."
Not surprisingly, Donald Trump has high hopes for his eponymous vodka brand. He said that, by the summer of 2006, the top bar-call in the US would be the T&T, or Trump & Tonic.
Drinks Americas Holdings is to work with designer Milton Glaser on a bottle design for its Donald Trump Super Premium Vodka....
US drinks group Drinks Americas Holdings has announced a US$10m revolving, asset-based credit facility with Business Alliance Capital Corp. (BACC), part of Sovereign Bank....
Drinks Americas Holdings said yesterday that it has purchased the assets of The Rheingold Brewing Company, makers of Rheingold Beer....
Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. is launching a new 1.75 litre size of Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report