US: Drinks Americas ties up with Beyer in NY
Drinks Americas Holdings has formed a joint venture to help it access the New York metropolitan area.
The company, whose portfolio includes Donald Trump's Trump Super Premium Vodka and Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon, confirmed today (15 August) that it has signed a deal with Beyer Farms, the largest dairy distributor in the New York metropolitan area.
Financial or logistical details of the joint venture were not disclosed.
The agreement will provide Drinks Americas with access to Beyer Farm's sales network. The joint venture will distribute Drinks America's non-alcohol offerings - Newman's Own Lightly Sparkling Fruit Juice Drinks and Sparkling Flavoured Waters - as well as other products.
The company also said that the joint venture is in talks with other companies from various beverage categories to distribute their products.
"This joint venture will provide a major boost to Drinks Americas sales," said Patrick Kenny, Drinks Americas' CEO. "It results in an immediate and dramatic increase in our account base and sales in the metropolitan New York market. We already have a number of key third party brands that would like to participate."
Jim Sokol, who has led Drinks Americas' non-alcoholic beverage initiative for the last two years, will lead the implementation and integration of Drinks Americas and Beyer's marketing, merchandising, and delivery systems.
The Finnish brewing industry has slammed the country's moves to restrict alcohol advertising. The Finnish parliament has approved plans to curtail TV and cinema advertising by beverage alcohol produce...
Soyuz Victan USA has announced a flurry of management appointments....
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has added to its board of directors....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
One of the UK's big four retailers has introduced health messages on its own-brand beverage alcohol products....
US distributor Glazer's has teamed up with Ukrainian distiller Soyuz Victan to handle one of its vodkas....
Constellation Brands has lined up the acquisition of a premium Swedish vodka brand. The US-based drinks giant confirmed today (6 January) that it is set to buy Svedka vodka, from Guillaume Cuvelier an...
Two top directors have reportedly quit UK distiller Whyte & Mackay....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018