US: Drinks Americas ties up with Beyer in NY
Drinks Americas Holdings has formed a joint venture to help it access the New York metropolitan area.
The company, whose portfolio includes Donald Trump's Trump Super Premium Vodka and Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon, confirmed today (15 August) that it has signed a deal with Beyer Farms, the largest dairy distributor in the New York metropolitan area.
Financial or logistical details of the joint venture were not disclosed.
The agreement will provide Drinks Americas with access to Beyer Farm's sales network. The joint venture will distribute Drinks America's non-alcohol offerings - Newman's Own Lightly Sparkling Fruit Juice Drinks and Sparkling Flavoured Waters - as well as other products.
The company also said that the joint venture is in talks with other companies from various beverage categories to distribute their products.
"This joint venture will provide a major boost to Drinks Americas sales," said Patrick Kenny, Drinks Americas' CEO. "It results in an immediate and dramatic increase in our account base and sales in the metropolitan New York market. We already have a number of key third party brands that would like to participate."
Jim Sokol, who has led Drinks Americas' non-alcoholic beverage initiative for the last two years, will lead the implementation and integration of Drinks Americas and Beyer's marketing, merchandising, and delivery systems.
The Finnish brewing industry has slammed the country's moves to restrict alcohol advertising. The Finnish parliament has approved plans to curtail TV and cinema advertising by beverage alcohol produce...
Soyuz Victan USA has announced a flurry of management appointments....
US craft brewer Pyramid Breweries has added to its board of directors....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
One of the UK's big four retailers has introduced health messages on its own-brand beverage alcohol products....
US distributor Glazer's has teamed up with Ukrainian distiller Soyuz Victan to handle one of its vodkas....
Constellation Brands has lined up the acquisition of a premium Swedish vodka brand. The US-based drinks giant confirmed today (6 January) that it is set to buy Svedka vodka, from Guillaume Cuvelier an...
Two top directors have reportedly quit UK distiller Whyte & Mackay....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US