US: Drinks Americas takes Trump vodka to Russia
Drinks Americas Holdings is set to expand coverage for its Trump Super Premium Vodka brand to Russia.
The drinks marketer said today (5 November) that it has secured an exclusive distribution deal with Russian distributor Recolte for an annual minimum order of 50,000 cases for the country. An initial 10,000-case order will ship in January next year.
Drinks Americas said that the vodka brand, named after US entrepreneur Donald Trump, will launch in Russia later this month at the Millionaire's Fair in Moscow.
"We are extremely glad to have partnered with Drinks Americas and Trump Super Premium Vodka and we are looking forward to our long-term relationship," said Alexander Timofeev, chairman and CEO of Recolte. "Mr. Trump is well known in Russia for his business acumen and high standards of luxury and quality. We trust that all the plans we have set together will come true as the Russian premium and super premium drinks market is developing rapidly."
Earlier this year, Drinks Americas posted a rise in net losses for its year to April, despite a surge in sales. Net loss for the period grew to US$9.4m from $5.8m in the corresponding period a year earlier, while sales leapt by 278% to $6.1m.
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits soar in its first quarter, according to figures released today (1 May)....
Davide Campari-Milano has announced details of its latest dividend payment....
Premium vodka distiller Russian Standard is making a "multi-million" dollar contribution to the city of St Petersburg for the design and construction of a scenographic lighting instalment to illuminat...
Blavod Extreme Spirits is set to handle the distribution of two Scottish spirits brands in the UK....
Brown Forman's Tequila Herradura brand has been named as the Official Tequila for Kentucky Derby 134 in the US....
Russian Standard is following the global rollout of its vodka brands with national rollout in Ireland with distributor FindlaterGrants....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research