US: Drinks Americas takes Kah Tequila national with US$2m ad kitty
Drinks Americas is to mount a US$2m marketing drive on Kah Tequila, to coincide with the brand's nationwide launch in the US.
Drinks Americas said today (25 January) that it will receive the marketing and advertising funds from Kah Tequila brand owner, Worldwide Beverage Imports (WBI), and the brand's distiller, Fabrica de Tequilas Finos.
Last year, Drinks Americas agreed to sell and distribute a range of WBI brands, including Kah, in exchange for handing a 49% stake in its business to WBI. Since that deal, Federico Cabo, the head of Fabrica de Tequilas Finos and its sister brewer, Cerveceria Mexicana, has become chairman of Drinks Americas.
Cabo said of the plan for Kah Tequila: "Sales targeted at 500,000 50ml bottles of Kah per month starting in March are slated for the on-premise bar and restaurant market. We have added production capacity to meet Drinks Americas' back orders of minis, which now exceed $600,000."
Drinks Americas' CEO, Patrick Kenny, said that the fresh marketing spend on Kah Tequila won't affect the company's profits margins, "as this is a direct investment in brand expansion by the distillery".
He added that the company does not plan to give away any more equity. In the first half of its latest fiscal year, to the end of October, Drinks Americas trimmed net losses by 58%, to $0.73m.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review