US: Drinks Americas signs Meridian distribution deal
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed a deal with spirits distributor Meridian Street Beverage to distribute its products in Chicago.
The agreement will allow Drinks Americas to expand its relationship with Meridian in "various key urban markets", the company said today (17 June).
Patrick Kenny, chairman and CEO of Drinks Americas, said: "Drinks is very happy with the relationship we have formed and the business that will result from distribution through Meridian Street Beverage.
"We think this is a key strategic partnership for Drinks Americas. We have seen immediate sales results with an increase in our business in the Chicago market from the moment we began to ship product to Meridian Street Beverage."
Drinks Americas develops, owns, markets, and distributes alcoholic and non-alcoholic premium beverages associated with celebrities. Its portfolio includes; Trump Super Premium Vodka, Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon and Olifant Vodka.
The company has formed a joint venture with Universal Music's Interscope, Geffen, and A&M Records to develop and market beverage products. This summer, the company plans to launch a beer initiative in association with Kid Rock.
At only 37 years old, Alexandre Ricard's swift ascent on the Pernod Ricard power ladder has turned heads in the industry. His latest role, as CEO of Irish Distillers, has coincided with strong growth ...
The Baltic countries have had it tougher than most in the global economic downturn, suffering double digit falls in gross domestic product. But the turmoil has not dented the ambition of Estonia-based...
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
Global Brands has launched a review of its production processes in a bid to reduce carbon emissions....
Pernod Ricard's Powers 12 Year Old Special Reserve...
Drinkaware has dismissed research conducted by an official body in Spain, which concluded that alcohol can lower heart disease in men with high consumption levels by almost a third....
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
French drinks group Belvédère is in negotiations with several potential candidates over the sale of its Marie Brizard business, which produces William Peel Scotch whisky....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review