US: Drinks Americas signs distribution JV
Drinks Americas Holdings has agreed to form a marketing and distribution joint venture with Sackets Harbor Brewing Company, the New York speciality brewer.
Drinks Americas said it will work with Sackets Harbor to expand the sales of Sackets Harbor's product line nationally.
The joint venture will give Drinks access to all of Sackets Harbor's brands as well as access to their casual dining restaurant assets. Sackets Harbor is a subsidiary of North Country Hospitality, Inc.
It is planned that Drinks' products will be the featured alcoholic beverage products in all Sackets Harbor's restaurants.
Chairman and CEO of Sackets Harbor and North Country Hospitality, Christopher Swartz, said: "We are very excited about the opportunity to work with Drinks Americas and their exceptionally experienced management team. Their portfolio of high profile products will be an integral part of our ongoing positioning and marketing of our casual dining restaurants. Additionally, we believe that, with the help of Drinks Americas, our premium beers will be very well received on a national basis. This joint venture gives us the ability and the intellectual horsepower to do so. There are many other synergies between the two companies that we are just beginning to explore. We look forward to a long and mutually profitable relationship."
Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks, said: "We are excited about access to the many fine on-premises accounts and the profile our brands will receive. The prospect of adding over 600 accounts to our sales base for Old Whiskey River Bourbon, Cohete Rum, Aguila Tequila, Damiana and our fine wines in New York and Florida is extremely exciting. We also see a great synergy between two great New York beers, each with a storied history at two different price points. 1812 Amber and its family of brands are a great premium brand with an exciting story, and Rheingold is New York's beer dating from 1838 and marketed at a mid-price point. The combination and the New York story are compelling."
The companies said that they expect to provide future details of specific developments in this joint venture as they unfold.
The US and Mexico have struck an agreement on Tequila allowing US distributors to import the spirit in bulk and bottle it north of the border....
US drinks group Drinks Americas Holdings has announced a US$10m revolving, asset-based credit facility with Business Alliance Capital Corp. (BACC), part of Sovereign Bank....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is in talks to expand distribution of El Diamante del Cielo Tequila in the US....
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed a licensing agreement with The Trump Organization giving it the rights to the Trump name for the marketing and sales of Trump: The World's Finest Super Premium Vodk...
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
Drinks Americas Holdings said yesterday that it has purchased the assets of The Rheingold Brewing Company, makers of Rheingold Beer....
Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. is launching a new 1.75 litre size of Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends