US: Drinks Americas signs distribution deal in Germany
Drinks Americas has said it has signed a 15-year distribution deal in Germany with local firm Zwilichiovskij Import-Export.
Zwilichiovskij is an import company specialising in marketing vodka and premium spirits brands that will focus on selling Drinks Americas' brands in high-end bars, hotels, clubs and upscale retail accounts in Germany, the US firm said today (11 December).
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
The German group will initially sell Drinks Americas' Trump Vodka and Old Whiskey River Bourbon.
An initial order for 12,000 cases is expected to generate a minimum of $2.5m in 2009, with subsequent orders to follow, Drinks Americas said. Shipments will begin in the first quarter of next year.
The group said in September that net sales fell $200,000 to $1.1m for the first quarter if its fiscal 2009. Net loss improved to $1.3m, compared to $1.6m in the same period last year.
Having not made a major acquisition for a couple of years, Campari was back in the spotlight last month when it acquired Wild Turkey Bourbon from Pernod Ricard. Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz spoke w...
Spirits such as soju and cachaça may be less well known than vodka and whisky, but according to a new report from IWSR and just-drinks, could offer considerable benefits to multinationals, both in und...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard Vodka has filed a lawsuit against its ex-CEO, Carlo Radicati, following an internal audit of his time at the company....
Pernod Ricard is in talks over fresh disposals after completing the sale of Wild Turkey to Campari for US$581m....
Pernod Ricard will launch a new global advertising campaign for Absolut Vodka this summer, as the group plays down market share decline for the brand in the US....
C&C International has given its Irish Mist liqueur a make-over in a bid to more than double its volume over the next five years....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, has confirmed the launch of a smaller-sized variant of the Russian Standard vodka brand in the UK....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends