US: Drinks Americas secures product placement deal
Drinks Americas Holdings has secured a product placement deal with a Hollywood film company.
The US group, which boasts Trump vodka and Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon in its portfolio, said yesterday (8 March) that it has reached agreement with Twisted Pictures, an affiliate of Evolution Entertainment, to cross-market Drinks America's beverages in film and television productions. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Among the films produced by Twisted Pictures in the past are Bull Durham, Can't Buy Me Love and the SAW franchise. The co-presidents of Twisted Pictures and Evolution Entertainment, Mark Burg and Oren Koules, are also executive producers on US TV sit-com Two-And-A-Half Men.
"As it has become apparent that our products are becoming the celebrities of the beverage business, it is very fitting that our icon-associated beverages have found their way into movie and television productions," said J. Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas.
Castle Brands has teamed up with Britvic in the Republic of Ireland to distribute its flagship spirit, Boru Vodka....
Perfect Renaissance, the Israeli manufacturer of Vodka Perfect, is expanding its business and, for the first time, will export its kosher vodka to France....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Castle Brands plans to extend the recent packaging revamp for its Boru vodka brand to the UK in September....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends