US: Drinks Americas’ Olifant sales ahead of expectations
Drinks Americas Holdings shipped ten containers of its newly acquired Olifant Vodka in the first quarter fiscal 2010, generating a better-than-expected US$200,000 in sales.
Patrick Kenny, president and CEO of Drinks Americas, said: "It took a period of time for us to get orders and production back on line after our acquisition, but sales are now well beyond our initial expectations."
Olifant Vodka is supported by the national 'Olifant Vodka Blazed & Confused Concert Tour' featuring Snoop Dogg, Slightly Stoopid, Mickey Avalon and Stephen Marley, beginning in Las Vegas on 10 July.
Kenny said: "In this economy, people are entertaining at home more often. When they do, they are looking for a bargain. Olifant Vodka delivers value and quality beyond what is typical for its price point, particularly when consumers purchase the 1.75 litre size. The tour has been a great vehicle in generating visibility of the brand to those customers. Sales are resulting."
Drinks Americas acquired Olifant Vodka in January. The spirit is produced in the Netherlands and is identifiable by a trademark elephant on its label. It was expected to instantly add $1.5m in revenue to the company, according to Kenny.
The Baltic countries have had it tougher than most in the global economic downturn, suffering double digit falls in gross domestic product. But the turmoil has not dented the ambition of Estonia-based...
Back in February last year, the owners of the Ketel One vodka brand, the Netherlands-based Nolet family, announced a tie-up for the brand with Diageo. The deal not only signaled the end of Diageo's in...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
Global Brands has launched a review of its production processes in a bid to reduce carbon emissions....
Drinkaware has dismissed research conducted by an official body in Spain, which concluded that alcohol can lower heart disease in men with high consumption levels by almost a third....
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
French drinks group Belvédère is in negotiations with several potential candidates over the sale of its Marie Brizard business, which produces William Peel Scotch whisky....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts