US: Drinks Americas faces the music with record label deal
Drinks Americas Holdings has tied up with the world's largest music company to market new products jointly.
The company, which develops and markets brands including Trump super-premium vodka, said yesterday (26 June) that it has entered into a partnership agreement with Interscope Geffen A&M, part of Universal Music Group. The deal, for which financial details were not released, will allow the two companies to "identify, develop, commercialise and market jointly-owned alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage products in collaboration", Drinks Americas said.
Interscope Geffen A&M, meanwhile, will work to sign and negotiate with selected artists, and to assist in the marketing and promotion of the new beverages. The record label will also market and promote Drinks Americas' current portfolio, which also includes Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon.
"Our new partnership with Interscope Geffen A&M is very exciting and a major milestone for both companies and industries, as we leverage this marketing innovation with the multi-billion dollar music industry," said Patrick Kenny, Drinks Americas' president and CEO. "There is a large opportunity here for both companies to generate substantial incremental revenue and profits and create valuable assets for both companies.
"Our partnership provides us with a marketing platform to drive awareness of our premium icon brands through events, such as music videos, concert tours, album kick-off parties and other countless ways that cut across all media forums."
The roster at Interscope Geffen A&M includes artists such as Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Gwen Stefani.
Central European Distribution Corporation has moved forwards with its acquisition of various production and distribution assets related to the parliament vodka brand in the Russian market and abroad....
Drinks Americas Holdings has posted a climb in second quarter net losses as the company hits the first anniversary of Trump Super Premium Vodka sales....
Drinks Americas Holdings has raised around US$3m from a private placement....
The new rules covering spirits in the European Union have come into effect this week, with the change being described by one trade body as "a good compromise"....
The Pink Spirits Co. has unveiled a new website in an effort to reach the consumer ahead of a portfolio expansion next year....
The Swedish government has begun the auction process for state-owned Vin & Sprit by contacting a wealth of interested bidders....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer