US: Drinks Americas buys Rheingold Brewing Co
Drinks Americas Holdings said yesterday that it has purchased the assets of The Rheingold Brewing Company, makers of Rheingold Beer.
Drinks Americas will be the exclusive producer and marketer of Rheingold Beer following the deal. Terms of the transaction were not immediately disclosed.
Drinks Americas CEO J. Patrick Kenny said: "Rheingold Beer is an American icon brand. Certainly everyone born and raised in New York knows and appreciates Rheingold's rich history. We at Drinks Americas are excited about Rheingold's future in the New York market, as well as its growth nationwide."
He continued: "Rheingold Beer fits perfectly into the Drinks Americas portfolio of icon brands. We expect the line to continue its resurgence in the New York Metro area and to use such growth to add additional points of distribution for our other products. Many of our distributors and key customers for our Newman's Own Lightly Sparkling Fruit Juice Drinks are already in the beer business. In addition, the line complements our Sackets Harbor 1812 Beer and will generate purchasing efficiencies."
Drinks Americas Holdings is to work with designer Milton Glaser on a bottle design for its Donald Trump Super Premium Vodka....
US drinks group Drinks Americas Holdings has announced a US$10m revolving, asset-based credit facility with Business Alliance Capital Corp. (BACC), part of Sovereign Bank....
Drinks Americas Holdings has signed a licensing agreement with The Trump Organization giving it the rights to the Trump name for the marketing and sales of Trump: The World's Finest Super Premium Vodk...
Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. is launching a new 1.75 litre size of Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends