UK: Drinkaware launches World Cup campaign
Drinkaware targets football fans
Responsible drinking charity Drinkaware will give away 10,000 footballs in the UK as a part of a campaign targeting male football fans during the FIFA World Cup.
Drinkaware's campaign, named 'Hoof It', is aimed at males aged between 30 and 44 years and will be officially launched on 2 June.
Footballs carrying health facts and tips on responsible drinking will be given away at Drinkaware freestyle football events, to take place in UK cities from 7 June and set to include appearances from well-known local footballers.
Free balls will also be available from www.drinkaware.co.uk/hoofit, which will include an online game.
"Through the Hoof It campaign, we want to encourage men to think about how much alcohol they drink and to consider ways of limiting their consumption," said Drinkaware's CEO, Chris Sorek. "Playing football instead of just watching it on the TV is a great way to keep healthy and we hope our footballs will encourage fans to get active."
Drinkaware has also teamed up with the Football Supporters Federation and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to provide help and advice to fans travelling to South Africa.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends