UK: Drinkaware launches Christmas campaign
UK responsible drinking charity Drinkaware has launched what it describes as the largest interactive examination of the nation's drinking.
The campaign will detail live events in the city centres of London, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham, and a 'What's the nation drinking?' project targeting 25-44-year-old drinkers, the charity announced today (1 December).
Visitors to the Drinkaware website will be invited to take part in a national survey to find out more about the nation's drinking habits over the Christmas party season.
A revised version of the online Drinkaware unit calculator will allow users to calculate how many units are in their favourite drink, compare their drinking to the rest of the nation and see how their calorie intake from alcohol fares against other festive food treats.
All the data collected from the project will be collated and reported by Drinkaware in early 2010.
Chris Sorek, chief executive of Drinkaware, said: "December and the festive season are a natural time for friends and families to come together and the aim of our initiative is to examine whether people know what and how much they are drinking over December in comparison to the rest of the year."
The campaign launches online from today with the city centre events going live on 10 December.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts