UK: Drinkaware hails website traffic surge
Responsible drinking charity Drinkaware has reported record visits to its website for December.
Drinkaware, which is funded by the drinks industry, saw a record 204,858 unique visitors to its website during the month.
The news represents a boost to alcoholic drinks firms' efforts to promote responsible consumption, according to the charity.
"Record levels of website traffic and 30,000 unit calculator completions are fantastic results for this campaign and we know through PR that we reached millions of people with our message," said Drinkaware CEO Chris Sorek today (11 March).
"Given the time of year and knowing that people use December as an excuse to drink without feeling guilty, we were really pleased that so many people were receptive to finding out about units."
However, higher interest in units does not appear to have curbed drinking during the festive period.
A survey, completed via Drinkaware's unit calculator, found that both men and women exceeded their daily guideline intake for alcohol every single day in December.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages