UK: Drinkaware appoints new chief executive
Drinkaware has appointed a new chief executive
The UK alcohol industry-funded charity Drinkaware has appointed a new chief executive, to start in January.
Elaine Hindal has been appointed by the group to replace Chris Sorek, it announced today (23 October). Sorek returned to his native US in the Summer.
For the past three years, Hindal has worked as director of advocacy and communication at the Children's Society. Prior to that, she held senior positions at Nokia, Cadbury Schweppes and The Coca–Cola Co. She is also a trustee of the Brain Research Trust.
Hindal said: “I am thrilled to be joining Drinkaware at this time, and by the opportunity to lead the organisation through the next phase of its strategic development, which will continue to build Drinkaware as an independent and authoritative contributor to the complex issue of alcohol harm.”
Derek Lewis, Drinkaware's chairman, added: “Elaine’s experience in both the charity and commercial sectors is especially relevant as Drinkaware enlists support from our wide range of stakeholders for its future direction. She will lead a very committed team who welcome her to this important position.”
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the categ...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits