UK: Drinkaware appoints a new chief executive
Drinkaware has appointed its first permanent chief executive.
The company said today (2 July) that Jean Collingwood will take on the role of chief executive from 23 July. Collingwood has previously been chief executive of Wheelchair Rugby as well as CEO of Ingenious Group and been involved with the charities 4Children, Leonard Cheshire and the Princess Royal Trust for Carers.
Drinkaware chair of the board Debra Shipley said: "We are delighted to have Jean on with us. She has a great range of experience in both the not-for-profit sector and in the commercial environment. I believe she will be a great asset to the team and the perfect person to take Drinkaware forward."
Collingwood added: "As a social marketer this is a unique opportunity to play a leading role at a key point in Drinkaware's establishment. I am really looking forward to developing partnerships with all of our stakeholders as we drive forward Drinkaware.
Drinkaware is a voluntary body comprising officials from the drinks industry and the health sector educating consumers on the dangers of the misuse of alcohol
A further stage towards enacting the long-awaited reform of European wine policy has been a review of the European Commission's proposals by the European Parliament's agriculture committee. As the par...
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Alcohol harm is back at the top of the media agenda this week - is it ever away for long? The Alcohol Health Alliance, a newly-formed association of 24 leading health organisations in the UK, is c...
China's entry into the WTO has been a catalyst for further growth in imported spirits but the likes of Diageo and Pernod Ricard are not the only ones eyeing the growth potential. Counterfeiters are al...
The promotion of responsible drinking in the UK is having a positive effect on the country's drinking habits, according to recent research....
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has unveiled industry-wide guidelines for advertising and marketing on the Internet in the US....
Vinmonopolet has seen sales continue their rise in 2007....
The Portman Group has responded to the Office for National Statistics' plans to update its drinking surveys in the UK....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research