HUNGARY: Dreher invests in plant upgrade
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
The upgrade will involve a reported spend of HUF7bn (US$37.8m) in an attempt to expand and improve Dreher's production capacity, quality and efficiency, according to reports.
Dreher said that although beer consumption in Hungary was steady, it had noticed how consumers had begun switching over to cheaper brands.
At a press briefing in Hungary last year, the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country's 'austerity programme' would take about 30% off the unit's profits in 2006.
Among the measures introduced as part of the country's austerity programme were a 7% hike in excise taxes, a rise in corporation tax from 15% to 25% and an increase in employer healthcare contributions from 4% to 6%.
Dreher has a staff of around 700 people.
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
SABMiller has declined to comment on speculation suggesting the brewer is out of the Scottish & Newcastle frame, following its plans to acquire Grolsch....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
China Resources Enterprise has reported a healthy lift in group net profit for its third quarter....
SABMiller has reached a "conditional agreement" with Grolsch to make an offer for the acquisition for the company....
SABMiller has followed yesterday's (15 November) first-half results with details of its latest dividend payment....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research