HUNGARY: Dreher invests in plant upgrade
Dreher Breweries, the Hungarian subsidiary of British brewer SABMiller, plans to invest millions in upgrading its facilities this year.
The upgrade will involve a reported spend of HUF7bn (US$37.8m) in an attempt to expand and improve Dreher's production capacity, quality and efficiency, according to reports.
Dreher said that although beer consumption in Hungary was steady, it had noticed how consumers had begun switching over to cheaper brands.
At a press briefing in Hungary last year, the managing director of Dreher Breweries, Hector Gorosabel, said that the introduction of the country's 'austerity programme' would take about 30% off the unit's profits in 2006.
Among the measures introduced as part of the country's austerity programme were a 7% hike in excise taxes, a rise in corporation tax from 15% to 25% and an increase in employer healthcare contributions from 4% to 6%.
Dreher has a staff of around 700 people.
SABMiller has given further details about its intended investment in India going forward....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
SABMiller and Molson Coors have been hit with an anti-trust request for its joint venture in the US....
SABMiller has declined to comment on speculation suggesting the brewer is out of the Scottish & Newcastle frame, following its plans to acquire Grolsch....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
China Resources Enterprise has reported a healthy lift in group net profit for its third quarter....
SABMiller has reached a "conditional agreement" with Grolsch to make an offer for the acquisition for the company....
SABMiller has followed yesterday's (15 November) first-half results with details of its latest dividend payment....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets