TRAVEL RETAIL: Drambuie unveils airport-exclusive packaging
Drambuie is up for sale, with William Grant & Sons reported to be interested
Drambuie has released new packaging for its namesake Scotch whisky liqueur brand exclusively into the Travel Retail channel.
The Glasgow-based firm, which is currently up for sale, said the new bottle will be available from October in airports in the UK, Spain, Asia and Switzerland. It will then go on release in “major airports around the world” before the winter holiday season.
The shrink-wrap packaging features the black-and-white zig-zag motif used in Drambuie’s 'The Extraordinary Bar' marketing campaign, first launched in 2012. It will be previewed in October at the Tax Free World Association exhibition in Cannes.
William Grant & Sons and Remy Cointreau are reported to be two of about six bidders competing to buy Drambuie after the brand was put up for sale by owners the MacKinnon family trust earlier this year.
This week, we speak to the CEO of Zodiac Spirits, and just-drinks subscriber, Dan Liguori....
William Grant & Sons Ltd is set to continue innovating its spirits portfolio by introducing new flavours to mature categories and to build on the success of its 2014 launches such as Three Barrels’ Ho...
Ian Buxton has just returned from Cognac. Much as he expected to see a gloomy fug over the region, he was surprised by the upbeat air among its spirits producers....
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research