GLOBAL: Drambuie targets younger market with ad campaign
Drambuie wants to attract younger drinkers
Drambuie has launched a TV and cinema advert to attract younger consumers to its namesake whisky liqueur.
“The Extraordinary Bar” will air in core markets Scotland and Greece from this month and roll out internationally next year, Drambuie said today (11 October). No financial details were released.
The 40-second spot, which can be viewed below, is mostly black and white with a surrealist edge, an atmosphere Drambuie believes will chime with a fresh audience.
“(The ad) has taken Drambuie in a bold new direction to attract a new generation of drinkers,” said Drambuie global marketing director Tim Dewey. “We wanted to create something that captivates our audience.”
In an interview with just-drinks last month, Drambuie CEO Michael Kennedy said he will not abandon financially-stricken Greece, which used to be the company's second-biggest market behind the US.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets