UK: Drambuie owner looks for buyer
Drambuie is owned by the MacKinnon Family Trust
The family trust that has owned Drambuie for 100 years is looking to sell the liqueur brand to a bigger industry player, just-drinks has learned.
A source close to the situation has told just-drinks today (21 May) that the brand's owner, the MacKinnon family, is on the look-out for a bigger partner to help Drambuie "achieve its full potential". While it is too early to tell who is set to bid for the brand, the source said he expects there to be a “substantial number” of interested parties.
The news follows an unsourced report in yesterday's Financial Times that said Drambuie is up for sale. When contacted by the FT and again by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the family declined to comment.
Drambuie posted a fall in sales and profits in its most recent full-year results. However, CEO Michael Kennedy said it had been a “positive year” in the company’s quest to rebuild the Drambuie brand.
For further details on the history of Drambuie, click here.
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Predictably, the ever-vigilant UK charity Alcohol Concern has complained about the TV ad for Diageo's David Beckham-backed Scotch whisky, Haig Club. ...
The global leader in spirits, Diageo is also the world’s 12th largest brewer. This profile analyses beer’s central role in the company’s expansion in emerging markets in the Middle East and Africa, as...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research