US: Dr Pepper to reveal range extension plans
Details of the new range extension for the Dr Pepper brand, which is thought to have been in development for some months, are likely to emerge today. Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc., part of the Cadbury Schweppes group, is expected to announce that it will roll out the new flavour, to be called Red Fusion, from mid-July.
The new launch will be the first new flavour to be added to the Dr Pepper range in its 117-year history. A few details have already emerged but the company is remaining tight-lipped about the exact composition of its new drink.
Red Fusion, it says, has a variety of fruit flavours with a hint of Dr Pepper. The new drink also contains caffeine. It is to be sold in 12-packs of cans and 20-ounce and 2-litre plastic bottles. Although it is technically an extension to the brand, the Dr Pepper name is not thought to be very prominent on the label.
"The consumer is reaching out for variety, and you need to listen," said Doug Tough, chief executive of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, adding that Dr Pepper bottlers were eager to offer another product in the line.
Dr Pepper's move comes as both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are launching range extensions for their core brands in a bid to enliven the CSD market and find some growth in a becalmed sector.
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas brand Mott's has announced a new line of fortified beverages....
AG Barr has agreed a new long-term contract with Cadbury Schweppes for the production, marketing and sale of the Orangina brand....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research