US: Dr Pepper the drink of Dallas? - report
Dr Pepper is poised to seal a deal with the city of Dallas, according to local press reports. The Dallas Morning News said yesterday that the beverage is ahead of Coke and Pepsi to supply all vending machines on city property.
In an unofficial vote on Monday, the paper said, City Council members unanimously supported the staff's recommendation to award an exclusive contract to the Cadbury Schweppes subsidiary. The official vote is today (15 September).
The council rejected a 10-year, US$9.2m contract with Pepsi last week, asking the beverage firm to rebid, the paper said.
Dr Pepper's five-year offer - an upfront payment of US$3.5m plus commissions and US$50,000 per year in community support - stood out. Pepsi's upfront payment ranged from US$400,000 to US$450,000, while Coke's was US$750,000. But Pepsi and Coke would give the city higher per-drink commissions, the paper noted.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a new director to its board....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a positive trading statement....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets