US: Dr Pepper teams up with Spiderman again
Building on the success of its Spider-Man marketing partnership in 2002, Dr Pepper has signed on as the exclusive soft drink of Spider-Man 2.
In a promotion launched over the weekend and running until 31 July, customers can instantly win Dodge Vipers, Segway Human Transporters and Vespa Motor Scooters by looking in 20-ounce and 2-liter bottles, and in 12- and 24-packs of Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.
Two packaging innovations for bottles and cans will be used in the promotion. Dodge Viper winners will be notified of their win by a "talking" can, while 20-ounce and 2-litre bottle purchasers will look through the empty bottle using special "Spidey Eyes" on the back of the bottle to see if they've won.
The prize pool consists of 10 Dodge Vipers, 15 Segway Human Transporters, 15 Vespa Motor Scooters, 3,000 mountain bikes, and yearlong supplies of Dr Pepper.
In a statement, Chris Creedon, director-promotions for Dr Pepper, said: "When we made the decision to sign on as the exclusive soft drink of the original Spider-Man movie, we had no way of knowing it would end up being one of the most successful films of all time.
"We have high hopes for similar success with the sequel, and have ramped up our promotion components accordingly. The excitement surrounding the movie, the cool, interactive packaging we're using, and the lucrative prizes at stake could result in a really explosive summer for Dr Pepper and over 3,000 winners."
The film opens in the US at the end of June.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review