US: Dr Pepper teams up with Spiderman again
Building on the success of its Spider-Man marketing partnership in 2002, Dr Pepper has signed on as the exclusive soft drink of Spider-Man 2.
In a promotion launched over the weekend and running until 31 July, customers can instantly win Dodge Vipers, Segway Human Transporters and Vespa Motor Scooters by looking in 20-ounce and 2-liter bottles, and in 12- and 24-packs of Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper.
Two packaging innovations for bottles and cans will be used in the promotion. Dodge Viper winners will be notified of their win by a "talking" can, while 20-ounce and 2-litre bottle purchasers will look through the empty bottle using special "Spidey Eyes" on the back of the bottle to see if they've won.
The prize pool consists of 10 Dodge Vipers, 15 Segway Human Transporters, 15 Vespa Motor Scooters, 3,000 mountain bikes, and yearlong supplies of Dr Pepper.
In a statement, Chris Creedon, director-promotions for Dr Pepper, said: "When we made the decision to sign on as the exclusive soft drink of the original Spider-Man movie, we had no way of knowing it would end up being one of the most successful films of all time.
"We have high hopes for similar success with the sequel, and have ramped up our promotion components accordingly. The excitement surrounding the movie, the cool, interactive packaging we're using, and the lucrative prizes at stake could result in a really explosive summer for Dr Pepper and over 3,000 winners."
The film opens in the US at the end of June.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research