US: Dr Pepper Snapple urged to restart union negotiations
The Texas Congressional Delegation wrote a letter to the CEO of DPSG, Larry Young on Monday
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has been urged to restart negotiations with trade unions in a bid to settle a dispute over wages.
The Texas Congressional Delegation wrote a letter to CEO and president of DPSG Larry Young on Monday (16 August) urging the Texas-based beverage giant to return to the bargaining table with workers union RWDSU Local 220.
It is understood that workers have just completed a 90-day strike outside Mott’s apple juice plant in Williamson, New York.
“These workers have been a critical part in the success that both Mott’s and Dr Pepper Snapple have enjoyed over the years," said the Texas Congressional Delegation this week.
“We urge you to uphold the high standards that all Texans set for themselves and their businesses and return to the bargaining table with your Mott’s workers to come to an agreement that allows this plant and your company continued success and growth. Just as we recognise the role you play in our economy, we hope that you recognise the valuable role that these workers play in your company and work together to build a dynamic and successful future,” it added.
Around 300 staff stopped work at the plant on 24 May as a result of plans to impose what the union has described as “drastic and unprecedented wage and benefit cuts”.
The soft drinks maker said it plans to implement a US$1.50 per hour salary cut and a pension freeze on current employees in a bid to offer a package “more consistent with local and industry standards”.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research